Hello

Welcome to our blog...

It's for keeping everyone posted on how we're doing, the ups and downs and any other interesting goss.

Enjoy!

Don't forget that you can still donate and will be able to do so for ages, so check out www.justgiving.com/trurogirls and please sponsor us.

L.E.N.S. Team xxx

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Falmouth - 28th July

This swim was at Maenporth, swimming out to the tankers and back in. The weather was pretty awful; grey, raining, cold but with Len in his boat alongside to guide us, all should be fine.

After a slightly tense and scary drive by Nay to Maenporth, and finding Sarah asleep in her car we got going. You always forget how cold it is, especially in Falmouth. It's easier when the waves are washing over you as you have no choice but to get wet. However at Maenporth we could have walked waist deep half way out of the bay which made it all the more difficult.

We set off at a fast pace of 2 miles an hour haha. Well, we laugh...but it is actually quite a fast pace, and perfect for what we need. We came out of the bay and the water became much choppier. The swell picked up and direction didn't really seem to matter so much. Em and Sarah were perfectly matched in pace whilst I popped my head up to see the way off to my left or right; I seemed to be zig-zagging my way out. We passed the second buoy and headed out towards the tanker for the last ten minutes before we turned back.

Unfortunately, I think I may have pulled a muscle in my left side. Every time I pulled my arm down it felt worse. I set off back towards the bay but realised that I was going at a ridiculous pace, already Em and Sarah were way ahead, and if I wanted to swim again this week or next this would juts make matters worse. So in the most inelegant way possible I heaved myself into Len's boat, gaining a huge bruise on my shin in the process haha.

Watching Em and Sarah swim back into the bay was very depressing, however also motivational. Seeing them swim where we all should have been is not something I want to repeat, so early nights and stretches for Nay from now on :)

Sarah and Em did a fantastic job, what with the temperature, waves and weather it was a hard swim. Good job haha!

Love Nay
(On behalf of LENS team)

No comments:

Post a Comment